Life is just a trade-off of oxygen and CO2 between plants and animals. Undoubtedly, with all their other benefits, plants provide us with fresh air to breathe. If you are able to breathe freely in this pollution-laden environment, thank a tree. Animals survive on oxygen and exhale CO2. Similarly, plants inhale CO2 and exhale oxygen during daytime. Moreover, there are some particular plants that they produce oxygen at night also.
Also Read : Why do we need to plant more trees.
With Plants, we have more than just trade-off. Plants if no access to CO2 can survive on Oxygen. Whereas, there is no other substitute for humans. Plants not only purify oxygen for us to breathe. Moreover, they absorb carbon and maintain carbon-balance in atmosphere. With, increasing carbon levels it is important to have more and more trees. Unfortunately, the rates of deforestation are also increasing at the same time.
Also Read : How deforestation is dooming us.
Plants Producing Oxygen At Night
The benefits of having these plants are they give 24-hour fresh oxygen. Moreover, some of them are used as natural air purifier when kept in house. Here we will discuss about 10 plants that produce oxygen at night. Here we will be discussing their special properties . To read more about such types of plant, read here.
Also Read: Top 10 Medicinal Plants.
Aloevera is a small shrub with incredible values. This shrub flourishes in sunny atmosphere. Moreover, over-watering can damage the pant. Aloevera has wide range of medical uses for skin problems. Above all, this herb also releases oxygen at night as well. It can be grown in indoor environment.
- Aloe Vera also removes toxins from the air like aldehydes and benzene.
- They usually grow at slow pace. Moreover, leave are thorny with translucent gel.
- Furthermore, Aloevera has vast medicinal use cases.
Peepal Tree, also called Sacred fig or Ficus religiosa. This tree is native to Indian subcontinent. Moreover, there are many myths related with this tree. The reason is having a religious connection with Hinduism and Buddhism.
- Not only it produces oxygen at night, it also treats asthma and constipation.
- Furthermore, the tree helps in controlling sugar levels.
- Provides an immediate remedy for toothache.
Snake plant is a house- decorating plant we all have seen somewhere. It has a characteristic upright vertical hard laves. Moreover, they can grow up to 3 feet. They are known by name ‘mother-in-law’s tongue’.
- Above all, it has a unique property that it continuously absorbs carbon dioxide from the air.
- Snake plant also removes formaldehyde, purifying air.
- The best part is, it is a low maintenance plant.
Orchid Plants belong to one of the largest flowering plant families. Orchids are beautiful plants and useful to keep indoors.
- They are easy to grow as they can develop in dry soil too.
- Moreover, It purifies air from Xylene. It is a toxic element present in paints.
- It is furthermore the best plants to keep indoors, as purifier.
- Orchid is associated with Shaoxing (China), as flower of the city.
Neem is a tree that has as many properties as the level of bitterness. It cures many diseases and is a strong disinfectant but it also purifies the air and produces oxygen at night. It is usually advised to plant in the middle of yard.
- Moreover, Neem acts as a natural pesticide.
- Maintains oral hygiene and disinfects skin.
- It also treats dandruff and fight acne problems.
Areca palm, also known as golden palm, butterfly palm and yellow palm. This plant is native to south India and the Philippines. It particularly has no other use case, but produce oxygen at night.
- Areca palm is used as an indoor houseplant. However, this plant requires special care to grow.
- Hence, soil should be slightly moist in the summer seasons. In addition, it should be somewhat dry in the fall season.
- These plants should be grown in partial shade
Gerbera is a beautiful & colorful flower plant. Along with its beauty, its ability to release oxygen at night adds more importance.
- This plant helps people suffering from breathing and sleep disorder.
- In addition, in flowering season there should be enough sunlight provided to plant.
- Under proper care, Gerbera daisies survive for over two years.
Christmas cactus also goes by the name Schlumbergera. Mostly found in east Brazil, it is beautiful flowering plant. Used as an indoor plant for both its ornamental and purifying properties.
- They are required to be watering two to three times in summer.
- It needs to be watered once in a week in the fall season.
- Its flowers are vibrant, with nectar and pollinate efficiently by hummingbirds.
Tulsi is also known as Holy Basil. Furthermore, it has many antioxidant and anti- disinfectant properties. Moreover, this plant is sacred to Hindus. Tulsi is native to India and is cultivated in southeastern Asia.
- It is commonly used for treating Asthma, cold, sore throat,
- Tulsi also helps in regulating high bp and cholesterol.
- Also used as a stress relaxant and inflammation controller.
Chamomile is a medicinal plants that belonging from aster family. It is consumed as tea for medicinal purpose. Other than that, it can produce oxygen all night long.
- Chamomile tea treats Insomnia.
- Moreover, it heals wounds fast and help in curing skin conditions.
- Also helps in reducing muscle spasms.
I am a 20 year old enthusiast about many different things currently pursuing B.Tech 3rd Year. I love greenry, nature, animals and definitely food. Additionaly, I also have interest in technology in technical stuff like IoT, Artificial Intelligence , etc.