We always see campaigns running, documentaries on Netflix and what not. Furthermore, to encourage people to conserve greenery, government has also taken some measures to conserving environment. Therefore, we will be discussing some of the steps later on.
Also Read: Why do we need to plant more trees.
A single machine for balancing the carbon emission levels and purifying oxygen per kilometre costs around 1 billion or more. Now you would think, why she is mentioning this. This is just to remind you people that trees do all this work free. Moreover, if we go down with deforestation at this rate, the taxes would definitely go up (for machine). Conversely, even though rates of environmental degradation are going high, the efforts to help nature is also increasing.
Also Read: How deforestation is destroying us,
Importance of Legal Steps
Where there is light, there is darkness following her at heels. Of course there are many people who are dedicated to conserve nature and. However, more than that, there are people who only have eyes for greed. Moreover, they do not see the shortcomings of destroying nature, only profit even if it is illegal. This is where these backing by government come at help. If anything destructive catches attention, that person could be punished. It is more important to stop further destruction. Without that, any further efforts are futile. These legal actions also encourage and support people who are trying to make earth livable for us.
Also Read: Getting Real About Sustainability.
Important Measures by Government
All these acts and measure are a brief view of important step towards environment conservation. Hence, to read these acts in details and understand how they work, refer here.
Special Purpose Vehicle for Afforestation
Special Purpose Vehicle is set by NTPC. Their purpose in particular is to reduce carbon dioxide emission in the atmosphere.
- To ensure this, they maintain control of afforestation and environmental measures.
- It is noteworthy that NTPC has already planted over 1.45 crore trees.
- Moreover, Ramagundam Station, a town taken care by NTPC had noteworthy effects. Surprisingly, temperature dropped by 30 Celsius due to afforestation.
Fly Ash Utilisation Action Plan
The Ministry of Power is measuring steps to make fly ash mandatory product for construction of road and bridge. It is because of,
- All the coal-based power stations put together generate around 90 million tones of fly ash per annum. Usually, this fly ash would be dumped and pollute more.
- Moreover, fly ash is superior in strength and durability as compared to conventional products.
- Also, the government is continuously keeping check on production and promotion of fly ash products.
Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)
In addition, Tata Energy Research Institute (TERI) took a charge to look up to environmental issues arising. Moreover, to make sure they make a difference, they are providing consultancy services to the Ministry of Power on CDM.
- When working on a project, they formulate and negotiate with CDM parties. Moreover, they also take out all the base surveys related to project.
- Furthermore, they identify cost of CO2 monitoring and verify carbon emission. Then they contact CDM’s from developed countries,
- In the final step, they work on cost reduction and improving the quality. In addition, this project is implemented under supervision of CDM’s.
ISO 14001, established in November 1975 for nation’s Sustainable Power Development, National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd (NTPC). Besides that, NTPC is India’s largest power utility with an installed capacity of 21,749 MW.
- It further more contributes to 26% of total generation in the country. This is because of high availability of its power plants.
- Also,NTPC has plans to double its capacity. Recently, NTPC has diversified into the hydro sector and formed for joint venture.
- Moreover, environment management is a high priority area in the company.
- Above all, in future, company focuses on power generation in line with harmony with environment.
Intensification of Forest Management
This is the centrally funded scheme. It works for protection and management of the forests. Moreover, it also protects the biodiversity it contains from poachers.
- This scheme is implemented 25% state government share for financing for forests.
- Furthermore, it handles the work related of forest fire. It also provisions for forest security.
- Along with this, it also controls representation, field survey and demarcation.
I am a 20 year old enthusiast about many different things currently pursuing B.Tech 3rd Year. I love greenry, nature, animals and definitely food. Additionaly, I also have interest in technology in technical stuff like IoT, Artificial Intelligence , etc.