Plants are the most blissful thing in our existence. Undoubtedly, from the rise of humankind, they have assisted us in every way. Food, shelter, warmth was the first of many things provided by our green friends. In addition to all this goodness, plants carry medicinal properties. These Medicinal Plant properties carry the cure to all the health problems at a negligible cost and no side effects. We will be furthermore discussing the most common type of plants with the heath benefit they provide.
Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need but never enough to satisfy one’s greed.
Also Read : Getting Real About Sustainablity
How they work
In-spite of all the benefits, the values of Medicinal Plant do not miraculously work the way the modern drugs do. They will usually not work with just one dose. For the most part, the regular consumption of such plants, eliminate the probability of disease with their medicinal virtue. If the disease has entered body already, these Properties of Medicinal Plant would provide immune to body to fight to disease itself. Altogether, the use of plants for medical purpose has been around in world for a long time as Aayurveda.
Ayurveda To Rescue
This 5000-year-old medicinal technique found in Indus Valley, is just a win in every situation. In short, in works on the principal: “Prevention is better than cure”. Admittedly, the medical science has found cure to almost every disease. As a result, this also comes at a high price that not everyone can pay. Unlike allopathic, Ayurveda just improves the standard of your living and making you strong enough. Moreover, with no chemicals involved, it only has a good effect on a body. However, deforestation has resulted into extinction of many herbs, but common plants also contain medicinal values.
Also Read : Deforestation and its effect
10 Medicinal Plants
Undoubtedly, I will dare not rate the plants for its medicinal virtue cause everyone has its own kind. Even so, we will discuss about 10 plants with most medicinal values.
If you want to know full list Medicinal Plant in India, refer here.
In an Indian Household, we all have undoubtedly used Amla in our routine. Amla tree usually takes 4 years to mature. It is a rich source of Vitamin – C. This, in result treats skin problems and strengthens hair.
- Controls Cough
- Regulates diabetes
- Prevents Laxative and hyperactive acidity.
Ashwagandha is a powerful herb of Indian origin, which is a master immunizer. The best property of this plant is it adjusts according to need of body.
- It reduces stress and anxiety.
- Additionally , it increases endurance and stamina.
- Above all, plant combats neuron degenerative diseases.
- To sum up, it is nature’s ‘restorative tonic’.
Without a doubt, Aloevera is called ‘magic skin potion’. It is a small herb with jelly in between leaves. The jelly used for various treatment and contains all the properties.
- Packed with healing and anti-oxidant properties.
- Covers all the skin problems
- Cures tanning, sun burn.
- Additionally heals burns and sores.
Tulsi holds a very sacred value in a Hindu household. In addition, the herb imparts same amount of goodness. It is a shrub and all the parts of Tulsi except the roots are used.
- Have antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
- Treats different types of fevers like Malaria.
- Treats eczema.
- In addition to this, several studies show that the plant also exhibits anticancer properties.
Along with adding flavors , cinnamon also adds its medicinal properties. Cinnamon has a characteristic sweet earthy taste.
- It is a powerhouse of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Also helps in managing type-2 diabetes and lowers cholesterol.
- Makes weight management easier.
- The shrub also cures lung- diseases.
Neem (Indian Lilac)
“The bitter, the better” stands true for Neem. This sweet- bitter in spite of the taste overflows with properties.
- This bitter plant has anti-bacterial properties
- It usually treats blackheads, acne, and dandruff.
- In addition, it cures dangerous diseases like asthma, malaria.
- Also improves blood circulation.
- Above all, cures leprosy.
Bael is a yummy round fruit, whose squash is very popular in Indian market. Along with its yummy taste,
- Bael controls cholesterol level and has anti- microbial properties.
- Additionally it also controls diabetes,
- Prevents constipation and makes skin glow.
- In addition, it happens to be a rich source of vitamins A, B1, B2, C and minerals calcium, potassium and iron.
Brahmi is usually known as ‘memory booster’. This herb has a clover like appearance following with a mild sour taste.
- Treats cognitive diseases
- Makes mind
- It has additional benefits like treating insomnia, and reduces ADHD symptoms.
- anticancer properties
Guggul are not exactly plants. Moreover, they are gum resins found in small shrubs. They usually grow in dry regions of Indian subcontinent. This gum like substance contains many benefits, especially for women.
- This gum helps in regulating weight
- The menstrual cycle becomes regular.
- Additionally, it provides relief from arthritis.
- Also treats eczema and dermatitis.
Peppermint is a shrub with lush green leaves and strong fresh smell. This herb exhibits properties for medicinal as well as aromatic treatments.
- Used as extracts oil, or in tea flavor.
- Additionally improves overall digestion.
- Also takes care of oral hygiene.
- With the aromatic properties, it relieves stress and anxiety.
I am a 20 year old enthusiast about many different things currently pursuing B.Tech 3rd Year. I love greenry, nature, animals and definitely food. Additionaly, I also have interest in technology in technical stuff like IoT, Artificial Intelligence , etc.